Experienced IT Project manager/Product owner
Are you looking for a challenging job at a fast growing software company?
Would you like to help customers by providing custom software solutions that truly solve their problems? Do you want to lead projects as a product owner and provide advice? And do you like the idea of working for customers such as Robidus, Koninklijke Horeca Nederland, and UMC Utrecht? We are looking to expand our fourth Scrum team with an experienced product owner.
Who are we?
Way2Web Software develops innovative custom software solutions for customers who want to take a decisive step forward. Leaders and trendsetters in their respective sectors, they always seek ways to develop new, smarter solutions so they can do things differently and better than the rest. That’s what we call ‘next-level software.’
From a business perspective, we always try to unearth the underlying demand. Joining forces to turn a project into a success: that’s what inspires us. Quality, security, and operational reliability are central at Way2Web. Additionally, we promote further professionalization of our industry. We are a member of Dutch Digital Agencies and NLgroeit, and we’re one of the few companies in our sector that is ISO 9001, ISO 27001, and NEN 7510 certified. In 2019, we established the Dutch Laravel Foundation – a world first – with the purpose of promoting the professional use of this framework.
Way2Web consists of a team of 35 men and women between the ages of 25 and 45. We’ve been located in Utrecht since 2010.
What's it like to work at Way2Web
A product owner ensures successful projects and exceeds customer expectations. As a product owner, you will support our clients in making the right choices. You understand the customer demand and its impact like no other. Together with the Scrum team, you will determine the right approach and structure to come to the best solution. We work on comprehensive, long-term projects, which require you to maintain a close relationship with the customer and system users. You sharply translate customer requirements into solutions. This is how you’ll make the difference and solve complex problems.
Your tasks can be expanded if you also have relevant experience in the following areas:
- Providing process-based/business advice to customers at the board or shareholders’ level;
- Creating information analyses and writing user stories;
- Designing wireframes (UI/UX) to support user stories;
- Testing web applications and writing test plans (TDD/automated tests).
- You get to the bottom of the customer demand to prepare user stories (preferably at the client’s location or the Workplace);
- You are in charge of projects: you monitor the product vision, backlog, resources, and release planning;
- Together with the Scrum team, you provide the client with advice on the right approach, choices, and priorities;
- You provide information or feedback to the Scrum team during sprints;
- You collaborate closely with the Scrum master and the team to reach a new level of performance;
- You evaluate the projects, especially in the area of customer value and the perception of the product;
- You are involved in quarterly and roadmap meetings, so you can provide the right input to our clients;
- You participate in daily standups, retrospectives, and knowledge sessions in which we exchange ideas regarding standards, improvements, and problems so we can jointly improve a little every day.
Required work experience and knowledge
- 3 to 5 years of work experience at a software company: you’ve gained experience developing websites, web applications, or web shops
- An entrepreneurial and business spirit — you like to solve difficult problems
- Higher education or equivalent ability
- Knowledge and experience of Agile/Scrum
- Knowledge and experience of JIRA are a plus
- You’re savvy when it comes to software and connections
- You enjoy getting to the bottom of customers’ complex problems, performing analyses, and providing advice
- You can explain how an application will work for an end user in comprehensible language
- Excellent presentation skills
What we offer
A good salary, great employment terms, reimbursement of travel expenses, and flexible working hours. You’ll also get opportunities to work on your development through external training.
In a challenging working environment, you will work on projects that leave an impact in various sectors. You’ll be given a lot of responsibility and can help build our software company and work processes.
You will be part of our fourth Scrum team, which has solid technical knowledge. Everyone is motivated to improve a little each day.
We have a wonderful office where you can enjoy fresh coffee and a treacle waffle at any time. Furthermore, we provide a nice daily lunch and regularly have a beer together.
The office is easily accessible by bike from the center of Utrecht or by public transportation from Utrecht Centraal (railway station). Either option takes 10 minutes. If you come by car and follow the A12, take exit Kanaleneiland, and you’ll be here in 3 minutes.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.
Interested? Contact us
As Head of People & Operations I am always looking for talented developers. Email me your cover letter, best piece of code and résumé with the button below or give me a call.