Senior Frontend Developer
Are you looking for a challenging job as a senior front-end developer (HTML/SCSS/LESS)? Would you like to be the expert when it comes to user interfaces for our Scrum teams? And do you want to work on smart online applications (SaaS) and portals? Join Way2Web!
Who are we?
Way2Web Software develops innovative custom software solutions for customers who want to take a decisive step forward. Leaders and trendsetters in their respective sectors, they always seek ways to develop new, smarter solutions so they can do things differently and better than the rest. That’s what we call ‘next-level software.’
From a business perspective, we always try to unearth the underlying demand. Joining forces to turn a project into a success: that’s what inspires us. Quality, security, and operational reliability are central at Way2Web. Additionally, we promote further professionalization of our industry. We are a member of Dutch Digital Agencies and NLgroeit, and we’re one of the few companies in our sector that is ISO 9001, ISO 27001, and NEN 7510 certified. In 2019, we established the Dutch Laravel Foundation – a world first – with the purpose of promoting the professional use of this framework.
Way2Web consists of a team of 35 men and women between the ages of 25 and 45. We’ve been located in Utrecht since 2010.
What's it like to work at Way2Web
As a senior front-end developer, you know how to strike the balance between an aesthetic and functional web interface, determining the design based on the user experience. You’ll optimize web applications for smartphone use. You are capable of translating concepts and ideas into designs and user interfaces, and you’ll be the first point of contact for co-workers when it comes to these matters.
Furthermore, you’ll be responsible for promoting reusable components. To this end, you will use tools such as Storybook and explore new technologies. Considering our growth in terms of projects and maturity, our current development teams (35 FTE, divided over 5 Scrum teams) increasingly need a senior front-end developer.
You’ll work closely with our Head of Technology and lead our front-end team. You’ll contribute your creative ideas, knowledge, and experience at an early project stage. Together with the team, you will determine the right approach, structure, and technical implementation to come to an elegant, effective solution. You will collaborate with the Scrum team on a timely, on-budget delivery of the programming solution. You are the glue that holds people together, and you always communicate and think along with the client.
- Determining the structure and design of intuitive interfaces for complex custom applications
- Creating design systems and components using tools such as Storybook
- Taking on responsibility for brand consistency throughout the process of designing an application
- Performing and processing code reviews with co-workers
- Participating in standups, retrospectives, and biweekly knowledge sessions in which we exchange ideas regarding standards, improvements, and problems so as to improve a little every day
- Contributing ideas on how we can use innovations to take our company to a higher level
Required work experience
- At least 5 years of experience in technologies such as Styled Components, HTML5, SCSS, and LESS
- Several years of experience working with graphic applications such as Adobe Illustrator
- Thorough knowledge of web technologies (APIs, AJAX, WebSockets)
- Great communication skills with a focus on translating concepts into user-friendly interfaces
- Experience working with front-end tools such as Sketch, Balsamiq, Storybook, and InVision
- You know the difference between responsive and adaptive designs
- You’re familiar with the key design principles
- Experience in Agile Scrum
What we offer
A good salary, great employment terms, reimbursement of travel expenses, and flexible working hours. You’ll also get opportunities to work on your development through external training.
In a quiet working environment, you will work on interesting, distinct projects in various sectors. You will be given a lot of responsibility, and you can truly help build our agency. Moreover, you will be surrounded by great co-workers. Creativity is appreciated, and suggestions for improvement are always more than welcome.
Devoting time to individual training courses that allow you to familiarize yourself with new technologies is a structural endeavor. You will be part of a close-knit development team that has solid technical knowledge. Everyone is motivated to improve a little each day.
We have a wonderful office where you can enjoy fresh coffee and a treacle waffle at any time. Furthermore, we provide a nice daily lunch and regularly have a beer together.
The office is easily accessible by bike from the center of Utrecht or by public transportation from Utrecht Centraal (railway station). Either option takes 10 minutes. If you come by car and follow the A12, take exit Kanaleneiland, and you’ll be here in 3 minutes.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated.
Interested? Contact us
As the head of People & Operations, I’ll be happy to answer your questions. Don’t hesitate to send me a message or give me a call. Talk soon!