Senior PHP Developer
Are you looking for a challenging job as a senior PHP developer (Laravel/Vue.js)? Do you want to be part of a young, close-knit Scrum team? And would you like to work on smart online (SaaS) applications and portals? Join Way2Web!
Who are we?
Way2Web Software develops innovative custom software solutions for customers who want to take a decisive step forward. Leaders and trendsetters in their respective sectors, they always seek ways to develop new, smarter solutions so they can do things differently and better than the rest. That’s what we call ‘next-level software.’
From a business perspective, we always try to unearth the underlying demand. Joining forces to turn a project into a success: that’s what inspires us. Quality, security, and operational reliability are central at Way2Web. Additionally, we promote further professionalization of our industry. We are a member of Dutch Digital Agencies and NLgroeit, and we’re one of the few companies in our sector that is ISO 9001, ISO 27001, and NEN 7510 certified. In 2019, we established the Dutch Laravel Foundation – a world first – with the purpose of promoting the professional use of this framework.
Way2Web consists of a team of 35 men and women between the ages of 25 and 45. We’ve been located in Utrecht since 2010.
what's it like to work at Way2Web
As a senior PHP developer, you’ll take the technical lead when working on complex Laravel projects. You can translate concepts and ideas into specific software solutions, and you’ll be the contact for the software development processes included in the roadmap.
You will also be responsible for promoting reusable code by using standardized Laravel modules and researching new technologies. Considering our growth in terms of projects and maturity, our current development team (22 FTE, divided over 4 Scrum teams) increasingly needs a senior PHP developer who will lead his or her own Scrum team in the near future, either as a lead developer or Scrum master (depending on your ambition).
You’ll work closely with our IT manager. You’ll contribute your knowledge, creative ideas, and experience at an early project stage. Together with the Scrum team, you will determine the right approach, structure, and technical implementation to come to an elegant, effective solution. You will collaborate with the Scrum team on a timely, on-budget delivery of the programming solution. You are the glue that holds people together, and you always communicate and think along with the customer.
- Technically developing web applications (architecture, ERD, use cases, etc.)
- Contributing to the project estimates and clearly defined user stories our product owners work on
- Programming web applications according to the quality standards of the team (using Laravel and Vue.js)
- Writing automated tests (Dusk & Unit) to test the solution delivered
- Further expanding our Laravel library with new modules
- Performing annual evaluations of existing projects as part of our application management service
- Performing and processing code reviews with co-workers
- Participating in standups, retrospectives, and bi-weekly knowledge sessions in which we exchange ideas regarding standards, improvements, and problems so as to improve a little every day
- Contributing ideas on how we can use innovations to take our company to a higher level
Required work experience
- Demonstrable experience as a PHP developer at a mature organization
- Expert knowledge level and experience working with PHP and MySQL
- Well versed in object-oriented programming and architecture (UML, Design Patterns, DDD)
- Experience working with at least one PHP framework (e.g. Laravel/Symfony)
- Thorough knowledge of web technologies (HTML5, MySQL, RESTful/SOAP web services, AJAX)
- Great communication skills with a focus on translating concepts into functional software architecture
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Symfony/Laravel are a plus
- Experience setting up scalable architectures and using microservices (for example) are a plus
- Experience with Agile Scrum is a plus
Interested? Contact us
As Head of People & Operations I am always looking for talented developers. Email me your cover letter, best piece of code and résumé with the button below or give me a call.