Junior PHP Developer
Looking for a job with a future in developing custom online applications?
Are you looking for a job as a Junior PHP Developer (Laravel/Vue)? Would you like to be part of a young and devoted team and learn the ropes? And would you like to work on smart online applications and portals? Come join us at Way2Web!
Video: Working at Way2Web (in Dutch)
Way2Web develops innovative custom software for customers that want to set the bar high. Customers that want to take important steps forward. They are the leaders and trendsetters in their branche and keep on looking for smart ways to be better and smarter than the rest. We like to call that: <em>next level software.</em>
We look at questions from a business administrative perspective. Working together to make something a success is what inspires us. Quality, security and reliability are core values of Way2Web. Besides that, we invest in the professionalization of our discipline with branch association Dutch Digital Agencies.
Way2Web consists of a team of 27 people aged between 25-45. Since 2010, we’re located in Utrecht.
Video: Working at Way2Web (in Dutch)
- Programming web applications (Laravel en Vue) according to our teams quality standards
- Working on project estimates and defining crystal clear user stories with our Product Owners
- Writing tests (Behat) for automated testing of completed code
- Carrying out and processing Code reviews with colleagues
- Stand-ups, Retrospectives en biweekly Knowledge sessions in which ideas about standards, improvements and problems are exchanged to keep on getting better
As a Junior PHP developer, you and your team will work on projects for our customers. You’re constantly applying the latest techniques, developing yourself and creating meaningful software.
In the early stages of a project, your knowledge and experience will help the team with determining the approach, structure and technical execution for reaching an elegant and effective solution. Together with your team, you’ll deliver the software on time and within the available budget.
Necessary knowledge and work experience
- Proven experience as a PHP developer (at least 2 finished projects)
- At least one prior employer
- Experience with Agile Scrum preferably
- Basic knowledge level and experience with PHP en MySQL
- Knowledge of object oriented programming and MVC programming
- Experience with at least one PHP framework (for example Laravel/Symphony)
- Thorough knowledge of web technologies (HTML5/CSS)
You’ll get a personal coach who knows exactly how to guide and challenge you. Our developers can take extra courses, visit conferences and you’ll work with a dedicated team. You’ll keep on learning, just like the rest of us.
Of course you’ll receive a fitting salary, good conditions, travel expenses and flexible working hours and a laptop. You’ll get the chance to grow and take steps in your career. Our team grows every year and we’re always looking for specialists.
You will have a peaceful work environment and you’ll work at prominent and varied project in different branches. We’ll give you a lot of responsibility, you’ll really contribute to building our agency and get great co-workers.
Besides that, we regularly and structurally spend time on individual schooling and training for new techniques. You’ll work (together) in a dedicated development team that has thorough knowledge and always looks for the next step.
We have a freshly renovated and cozy office with an ongoing supply of freshly ground coffee and a typical Dutch treat, the syrup waffle. We provide a tasty lunch and regularly drink a beer together over a game of foosball.
The office is easy to reach by bike and public transport from the center of Utrecht, it takes about 10 minutes. From exit “Kanaleneiland” it only takes 3 minutes to reach us by car.