Medior PHP Developer
Looking for a job as a Medior PHP Developer of custom online applications and portals?
Are you looking for a job as a Medior PHP Developer (Laravel/Vue)? Would you like to be part of a young and devoted team? And would you like to work on smart online applications and portals? Come join us at Way2Web!
Way2Web develops innovative custom software for customers that want to set the bar high. Customers that want to take important steps forward. They are the leaders and trendsetters in their branche and keep on looking for smart ways to be better and smarter than the rest. We like to call that: next level software.
We look at questions from a business administrative perspective. Working together to make something a success is what inspires us. Quality, security and reliability are core values of Way2Web. Besides that, we invest in the professionalization of our discipline with branch association Dutch Digital Agencies.
Way2Web consists of a team of 26 people aged between 25-45. Since 2010, we’re located in Utrecht.
Video: Working at Way2Web (in Dutch)
As a Medior PHP developer, you and your team will work on projects for our customers. You’ll also look into improving (programming)processes, code quality and research new techniques.
In the early stages of a project, your knowledge and experience will help the team with determining the approach, structure and technical execution for reaching an elegant and effective solution. Together with your team, you’ll deliver the software on time and within the available budget.
About the job
- Programming web applications (Laravel en Vue) according to our teams quality standards
- Working on project estimates and defining crystal clear user stories with our Product Owners
- Writing tests (Behat, Dusk & Unit) for automated testing of completed code
- Carrying out and processing Code reviews with colleagues
- Stand-ups, Retrospectives en biweekly Knowledge sessions in which ideas about standards, improvements and problems are exchanged to keep on getting better
- Providing input in how innovations can get our company to the next level
Necessary work experience
- Proven experience as a PHP developer at a mature software development agency (at least 3 years of experience / 10 finished projects)
- Expert knowledge level and experience with PHP en MySQL
- Skilled in object oriented programming and MVC programming
- Experience with at least one PHP framework (for example Laravel/Symphony)
- Thorough knowledge of web technologies (HTML5/CSS)
- In-depth knowledge of processes related to web development (versioning, database migration, debugging)
- Knowledge of and experience with Symphony/Laravel is an advantage
- Experience with Agile Scrum preferably
What do we offer?
A fitting salary, good conditions, travel expenses and flexible working hours. You will get the chance to keep on developing yourself with courses and classes.
You will have a peaceful work environment and you’ll work at prominent and varied project in different branches. We’ll give you a lot of responsibility, you’ll really contribute to building our agency and get great co-workers.
Besides that, we regularly and structurally spend time on individual schooling and training for new techniques. You’ll work (together) in a dedicated development team that has thorough knowledge and always looks for the next step.
We have a freshly renovated and cozy office with an ongoing supply of freshly ground coffee and a typical Dutch treat, the syrup waffle. We provide a tasty lunch and regularly drink a beer together over a game of foosball.
The office is easy to reach by bike and public transport from the center of Utrecht, it takes about 10 minutes. From exit “Kanaleneiland” it only takes 3 minutes to reach us by car.
Send your motivation, most beautiful piece of code and resumé to email@example.com.